Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Post-Valentine’s Day Post



Yesterday, was Valentine’s Day and it is always a kind of third Christmas for me.

I won’t elaborate beyond the fact that I am an individual who is well loved. :) I’m grateful that I will always have my support systems in place. Be it my significant other, family, or friends. I love you all. Thank you, for being there for me and supporting me. Valentine’s Day always reminds me of just that. Not the lovers, haters, or being single…just that there needs to be more love in this world. A very sentimental blog post for my new brand. Hahaha. I know.

In other news, yesterday I was on my way to meet the stylist, Tasha Farrington of Pretty Deadly Stylz who had borrowed my COVEN by Sonia Kang items for a Menswear photoshoot. Funny story, I also slipped on a giant dog turd on my way to meet her… I did not fall so that was good. But my poor shoes will need a good cleaning. :(

The positive thing was that the photoshoot turned out quite well according to Tasha. The team I heard was great and to be honest I was so relieved that she chose my items. She’s so awesome and she’s worked with a lot of my friends notably Kallvis Gents and Veruca Cyn (among others). They have all highly recommended her and having finally met her I can see why. I’m so new to this whole process and I’m glad that the first stylist I have ever worked with was so rad AND professional. I’m also grateful that this photoshoot was for Menswear and I hope that it will be an official magazine editorial. Time will tell. I can’t wait to see the results!

I have another photoshoot in a few months but I believe this will be for Womenswear. I’m also looking to prepare at least two Lookbooks in a few months for both Quaintrella’s Bridal Collection and COVEN by Sonia Kang’s FW2012. Normally, in the fashion industry I would be launching FW2012 now but I usually work with small stockists boutiques not department stores so the timelines are not as advanced.

Oh, before I forget! I would like to congratulate my designer friend, Veruca Cyn for getting published in February’s Issue of Ellements Magazine!!! Please, check out her post on it here: http://www.verucacyn.com/2012/02/published-in-ellements-magazine.html

No comments:

Post a Comment